The exchange this morning as I went to get the kids out of bed:
Me: Good morning!
Them: Up, up! Please!
Me: Ok, whoever says my name first gets picked up.
Them: Up, please!
Me: What's my name?
Karyssa: Kyr (Kyran)
Me: No, I'm not Kyran.
Karyssa: Aya (Ayla)
Me: No, I'm not Ayla.
Kyran: Ayla!
Me: No, not Ayla.
Karyssa: KK!
Me: No, I'm not KK.
Kyran: Link (Lincoln)
Me: Nope, not Lincoln either. Can you say mommy?
Them: Laughter (as I sat down...this could take a while)
Kyran: (Finally) Mama
Me: Yay! You do know who I am!
I guess they're so used to seeing me that they think about everyone else, and don't have to really think about me, since I'm almost always there with them.
That was different on Saturday, though. Jason and I dropped the kids off at my parents' house on Saturday morning at 8:00, then headed to Carowinds (our local amusement park) with about 15 youth from our church for Christian Music Day. We had so much fun riding roller coasters and listening to some great Christian musicians. It was so neat to see all of the teenagers there worshipping!
After the concert, we headed home and dropped the teens off at the church before heading back to my parents' house to get our kids. It was after midnight by the time we picked them up, meaning we'd been away from them for over 16 hours! My longest stretch without my kids since they were born! I did miss them like crazy, but I had a great time with Jason and the other adults and kids at Carowinds!
1 comment:
...And I had a great time with my amazing Grandtwins, Ayla, Lincoln, KK, and Marley!!!!! : )
Post a Comment