Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Today, I had an appointment at the hospital where Kyran and Karyssa were born.  My friend had her baby yesterday, so I ventured into the maternity ward.  On the way there, I had to pass the nursery window, where the babies who looked like giants two years ago looked so tiny, the NICU, where we practically lived for eight weeks, and my high-risk maternity room, where I did live for three weeks. 

Just past that room, the door was open and a woman was walking to the sink of her room.  I felt a nudge to talk to her, so I stopped, and explained to her that I wasn't crazy, but that I had been where she was less than two years prior and that I would be praying for her and her baby.  We had a conversation about her story - she had been there for two weeks and would be 36 weeks tomorrow, but was showing signs of infection, so they were going to deliver her son today.  As she spoke she began crying, the same fearful cry that I cried many, many times. 

After asking permission, I gave her a hug and told her all about my miracle children and how well they are doing.  She cried more, but this was a different cry, one that showed hope and much less fear.  We did not exchange names, but please be in prayer for her and her son.

Being in that hospital always brings back mixed emotions, but today's experience renewed my interest in volunteering at the hospital, and sharing my story and faith with the women who are in there, experiencing what I did, and fearing for their children's lives. 

Last weekend, Jason's dad and Uncle Ronnie came to visit.  Because of a childhood illness, Ronnie has a mental handicap, but what he lacks in some areas, he more than makes up for in personality, sense of humor, kindness and refreshing innocence.  Kyran and Karyssa LOVED him and we can't wait for him to come back and visit again!






We went to our state fair on Saturday, and the babies rode their first ride!  Kyran loved it, but Karyssa wasn't so sure.  She hung onto Daddy pretty tightly!


1 comment:

Orena Murray said...

Thanks for posting pictures of Ronnie. I used to see him when the Burketts lived in Greensboro, and really enjoyed his visits. He is the sweetest person. I've thought about him the past few years, wondering how he was doing. It was good to see pictures of him. I know he's a great uncle. Your children are precious!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX