Sunday, February 28, 2010

Last night, we had a little PG-rated fun - a make out party on the couch!

I was holding Kyran and Jason was holding Karyssa, when Kyran leaned in for a big, open-mouth kiss.  He did this three times in a row, when Karyssa got a little jealous and climbed on me for a kiss of her own.  Then she turned, climbed on Jason and planted one on him too.  After that, she turned to Kyran and puckered her tiny little lips up to him, and he leaned over and laid a big smacker on her! 

We continued this way for about 5 minutes, all taking turns kissing each other.  Man, I love my family!!!!

Karyssa had a fever for a few days this week, but I think it must have been from teething.  She had no other symptoms, and Kyran hasn't had a fever, so it obviously wasn't contagious.  She rarely lets me look in her mouth, but I did notice last week that she has more teeth coming in.  I thought she was getting #4, but upon looking more closely, I noticed she's getting numbers 4, 5, 6 and 7, and it feels like 8 might break through any day now!

The fact that she was cutting four teeth at a time and I didn't know it really says a lot about either her pain tolerance or her temperament! 

Kyran is now cutting his 8th tooth, and I think 9 may be on its way!  They are chewing so well now, and we're getting much more comfortable letting them feed themselves.   They have been practicing using a spoon after meals (with no food), and when they show me that they're ready to try a spoon, we'll lay the newspapers down under them and let them go to town! 

I think that, aside from eating, brushing their teeth is one of their favorite things to do.  They get so excited when we bring them to the sink.  They let us brush their teeth for a few seconds, and then they grab the toothbrush and chew on it.  We use a bubblegum-flavored, fluoride-free toothpaste that is safe for them to swallow, and they just love the taste of it. 

Kyran is continuing to pull to standing, and is doing some good weight-shifting, a sign that he may start cruising soon! 

Here are some pictures from the past few days:

Like Father, Like Son!



Synchronized Sleeping (they do that a lot)

Beautiful Boy

Someone loves her daddy!


I love how her hair is starting to curl up on the sides!  (On the top, not so much!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! The synchronized sleeping is too funny! And I love, love, love the pic of the light on Kyran's face. So handsome! They are just THE cutest things ever!!!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX