The weather report is calling for snow, but so far, I don't see any. We opted not to buy heavy winter coats for the babies this year, so if it does snow, we will be scrambling to find snow gear for them!
I have several updates from the past week:
1. My mom's echocardiogram and stress test came back all clear, so there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her heart. Praise God! Now we just need to figure out what is causing her to have these episodes.
2. Karyssa and Kyran are both eligible for speech therapy. Sarah, their therapist, will see them for their first session on Wednesday.
3. Kyran is eligible for occupational therapy. Sherri, his therapist, will also see him for the first time on Wednesday. As we expected, Karyssa did not qualify. Sherri would like to work with Kyran on using a sippy cup (he drinks very well, but can't hold the cup up by himself because of upper body tightness), developing his pinscer grasp (he's almost there, but still uses his whole hand some of the time), and isolating his arm movement from his upper body movement.
4. We are changing physical therapists. Ann, their new therapist, will most likely evaluate them on Thursday. The main reason for this change is that we needed someone who could come to us every week, and our previous PT only came out every other week. We are very excited about this change and have heard great things about Ann.
5. Karyssa, for the last week or so, is officially a crawler. She still army crawls when she wants to go somewhere quickly, but 90% of the time she is on her hands and knees. Kyran has also been rocking on his hands and knees with a little prompting, so that's a big improvement for him!
And two personal updates:
6. I am the new Women's Ministry Coordinator at our church! Jason and I prayed about this decision, and it seems to us that this is the direction that God would like me to go. This will be a challenge for me, not only for time considerations, but also to step a little out of my comfort zone and lead a ministry. I am very excited about the opportunity for fellowship with such amazing women, and to grow myself more as a Christian at the same time.
7. I have an amazing husband! (Ok, not really an update, but it just needed to be said.) I got my Valentine's gift a little early this year!
And now it's snowing! The babies don't seem too impressed...yet!


No comments:
Post a Comment