Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On the landing of our stairway is a framed copy of our Christmas photo.


Every time I bring the babies downstairs, they twist until they can see it and start waving at it.  At first, they would always reach for daddy and say "dada", but over the last week, they have both started reaching for each other, with huge smiles on their faces! 

During meals, they will often reach out and grab each other's hands.

Usually, they wake up from their naps around the same time, and I can just hear them babbling to each other. 

I see (or hear) these things, and my heart just soars.  It is such a great thing to know that my children are becoming each other's favorite people!  I think that there is a special bond that only twins share and no one else can quite understand.  I know that I'll never "get" it, but I sure do love witnessing it!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That is SO precious!! I know what you mean about your heart soaring. Not from the twins stand point but the sibling one. Now that Shea and Zoe Cate are really interacting, it just fills my heart with happiness. I love when we are in the van and they are in the back just 'talking' and laughing. I pray every day that they will remain close and always love and protect each other. Congrats on the great EI session!! Praise God for healthy babies!!!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX