For me, it's the little things that make having twins so different. I am used to doing everything twice. In fact, I do some things twice that I don't have to, just because I'm in the habit. But the idiosyncrasies between the two are what throw me sometimes.
For instance, Kyran is a sipper and Karyssa is a chugger. This may not seem like such a big deal, but at mealtimes, it can cause meltdowns.
Kyran would prefer to have his drink in front of him the whole meal, actually, probably the whole day. He likes to take sips in between bites when he is thirsty. Karyssa takes her sippy cup and chugs the entire thing at once.
Ideally, I would be able to give Kyran his cup at the beginning of the meal, and Karyssa at the end of hers. However, if I give Kyran his, Karyssa wants hers immediately, or she refuses to eat. If I give her milk to her at the beginning of the meal, she fills up on milk and is slow to eat the rest of her food, if at all. If I wait until the end of the meal for both of them, Kyran cries when he gets thirsty and doesn't want to take any more bites.
I'm now experimenting with the middle of meals, to make sure that Karyssa gets enough, in case she won't eat any more, but also to ensure that Kyran isn't unhappy by being too thirsty. Also, if Kyran often doesn't finish his milk at mealtime, as he would prefer to have his cup available to him whenever he is thirsty, but when he sets it down, Karyssa goes after it and tries to drink the rest.
If anyone has any tips for me, they would be greatly appreciated.
We had a great weekend, with two birthday parties on Saturday. I am giving all of my loyal readers permission to yell at me in all caps if one more fun event or play date goes by and I forget to take pictures. In my defense, I was holding at least one baby the entire time at the pool party on Saturday, but I know I need to get better at taking pictures aside from when we're at home.
Their first taste of Chick-fil-A - Daddy met us at the mall for lunch!
Kyran with Daniel B.
Karyssa's getting better with a spoon...
Although it's usually upside down...
And she still uses her fingers!
No comments:
Post a Comment