Friday, May 21, 2010

Last night, I attended the high school graduation of the daughter of friends of ours.  It was a nice ceremony of a local private Christian school, and the first graduation I have ever attended where people actually held their applause until the end (granted, there were only 12 graduates), and there was no yelling or whistling. 

Two of the graduates were twin brothers, and although I had never met them, I got a little teary-eyed seeing them cross the stage.  It occurred to me that every parent of a graduate would tell me that it felt like just yesterday when their graduates were babies.  Although their children are now 17 and 18 years old, if the last 17 months is any indication, it will be my babies up on that stage before I know it. 

I'm having a hard enough time admitting Kyran needs a haircut.  I can't imagine how I'll be when they graduate high school!  I'm just going to take advantage of every day with my children and pray that I do a good enough job that they will still want to be around me once they're grown!

We had a wonderful play date this afternoon with the son of a friend of mine from high school.  Jack was born on what would have been Kyran and Karyssa's 36-week mark, so he's a month and a half younger than they are, but you'd never know it to look at the three of them together!  My kids are so little!  They had a great time, and I had so much fun catching up with Jack's mom, Erin, who is now 12 weeks pregnant with twins!!! 

Overall, we've had a very good, uneventful week, and we are very much looking forward to our weekend with Jason! 

Happy 17-monthday, Karyssa and Kyran!

1 comment:

Erin K said...

We had so much fun on the play date also! Can't wait to do it again!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX