Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I have Spring Fever.  I just love this time of the year.  It's not too hot and it's not too cold, and the babies and I love to be outside.  For this reason (and the fact that they don't nap nearly as long as they used to), the blog has suffered. 

I'm also busy working on publicity for my church's Vacation Bible School next month.  If you live in the area, and have kids entering kindergarten through sixth grade, you should send them to Nick @ Night on June 7-9!

We had a very busy weekend, and on Saturday, Kyran and Karyssa didn't take a nap, other than the 15-minute cat nap on the way from the zoo to my grandmother's house.  You never would have known it, though.  They are such GOOD babies!

We had so much fun at the zoo with Marley, Kahlan, Grandmommy and Aunt Melissa and her family.  We also had a great time at GG's house. 


They probably played with some toys I played with at their age!








She got in the chair all by herself!




We've watched these goats grow up, and they just love them!


Beautiful Marley


Beautiful Grandmommy


Beautiful Kahlan (left) and Sophia, Melissa's niece (right)




Oh no!  I forgot my hair was up.  Now you've actually got a cute picture of me!

One thing I think I've failed to mention is our play dates!  Now that we have clearance for play dates, we have been taking full advantage of it.  We had a play date with Riley, our good friends' daughter; Samantha, the daughter of one of my best friends from high school; Magnolia, the daughter of some friends from church; and the Clary triplets, who are the sons of someone I went to high school with, and were in the NICU at the same time as Karyssa and Kyran.  Of course, as usual when there are more than my two children around, I forgot to take pictures, except for the triplets. 


The boys and their amazing mommy




Kyran and Karyssa love other kids' toys!

We have several more play dates scheduled and plan on taking advantage of every opportunity to get our kids to play with other children. 

On Friday evening, Karyssa took two steps toward Jason, but still shows very little interest in walking.  I know that it will happen in her time, just like things will happen in Kyran's time.  Still it makes me giggle to think that, one day, I'm going to tell them to sit down and be quiet!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX