Yesterday was amazing! My second Mother's Day as a mom was everything I could have hoped for. I was spoiled by my husband, got to spend lots of time with my precious children, had lunch with my wonderful mother, took an afternoon nap, had steak for dinner and watched the Red Sox win!
Being the mom of twin toddlers is overwhelming. I imagine it's hard enough with one toddler to remember all of the new things that they learn and do every day. I imagine the love a mom feels for one toddler is enough to make her heart explode at times. I imagine the smiles and tears of one toddler are enough to warm and melt a mom's heart on a constant rotation. I imagine the time it takes to feed, teach, chase, change, bathe and nurture one toddler is enough to make any mom wish for a clone, or at least a few more hours in the day.
With twins, comes double the diapers, double the food, double the tears and double the time, but also double the smiles, double the cuddles and double the love. I feel like I cheated a little by being so spoiled yesterday. I don't need cards, jewelry or steaks (although it is nice to be appreciated; thanks, Jason!), being a mom is all that I need to have a happy Mother's Day!
Speaking of appreciation days, Jason and I decided to celebrate Nurse's Appreciation Day on Thursday by bringing some goodies and a couple of cuties to visit their former NICU nurses. I have never had such strong feelings for people that I only really knew for eight weeks, but going back to visit brought back so much of the love and appreciation that I feel for each of their nurses, respiratory therapists and doctors. My hope is that Kyran and Karyssa will grow up to know many of them!
Silly Kyran!
Karyssa loves shoes!
1 comment:
I love these babies!!! They are too cute. It is so nice to see how wonderful our babies turn out!! Thank you for bringing them to see us. It was a pleasure to hold them once again!!
Trina
Post a Comment