Monday, May 24, 2010

So far, in this poll, the "yeses" have it.  My facebook poll got mostly "nos", but I can even admit now that he needs a little trim, just to get it out of his eyes.  Twice recently, he's been compared to Justin Bieber, so I had to do a google search to figure out who that is (I really am getting old, apparently).  What do you think?



We had another extremely busy weekend, and, as usual, the babies did great!  On Friday night, we attempted to go see a movie at a local park, but the threat of rain made us leave about 20 minutes into the movie.  We once sat through a James Taylor concert in the pouring rain (and even got up to dance), but having two babies and all of their stuff has made us much less adventurous. 

We had three events on Saturday.  The first of these was a neighborhood cookout.  In our three years in the neighborhood, we had never done one of these, but it was so much fun getting to know our neighbors! 

Our second stop was the babies' first sporting event!  This was exciting for us because we are both huge sports fans.  It's hard to believe they are 17 months old and just went to their first one, but we have two professional baseball games planned for this summer, so I think we'll catch up quickly.  We got together with some friends to tailgate and attend the University of South Carolina baseball game against Florida.  While we were tailgating, look who came to visit!



COCKY!


They liked him at first, but then he got too close to Kyran.  Kyran started crying, then Karyssa started, so we had to take a break for a little while.  After they had some food, they were ok with him again! This was their first experience with any sort of mascot, and I think they did wonderfully!

As soon as we walked into the stadium, AC/DC's Thunderstruck came on and Karyssa went crazy, in a good way!  I think it was the combination of the loud music, people, and everything else that was going on, but she started dancing and squealing with delight.  She is a daddy's girl, but definitely her mommy's daughter!

During the game, they just wanted to play with their sunglasses and climb up the stairs.  It was pretty hot, and we had a third event for the day, so we left a little early.  The Gamecocks ended up winning 11-6, so although they lost the series, at least they won for Karyssa and Kyran's first game!



After the game, we went to their friend Ryne's house for his first birthday party.  There was food and cake and plenty of kids to play with, but I think their favorite part of the party was the swing.  We haven't had them in a swing since last November, when they weren't really too sure what to make of it.  This time they LOVED it!  Karyssa even cried, a lot, when I took her out.  So, we are now shopping for a swing set. 



Yesterday, we went to church and, after a long nap, spent a couple of hours at the zoo.  Karyssa made a new friend there!



We put the stroller up to the window, and that gorilla came right up to the glass, looked right at them and then sat down.  Very little fear of Cocky and no fear of a 600-pound gorilla, I'd say I have some brave kids!

Today is my niece Kahlan's third birthday, so we are going out tonight to celebrate.  I think we'll stay home the rest of the week!

1 comment:

turketwh said...

Incredible gorilla picture! And yes, Kyran does look a little like Bieber!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX