I think her shirt says it all!
She won't do it for me, Jason or their physical therapist, but she will now stand for several seconds for my mom. She also stood for just a few seconds for Kyran's occupational therapist the other day. She stood on her own for about 30 seconds the other day, holding a book, but as soon as she realized she was standing on her own, she promptly sat down.
All of this to say that she is stubborn, but I think she will be a "stander" in the near future.
In the past few weeks, I've realized why so many siblings are 2-2.5 years apart. Although I wouldn't say this is my favorite stage of their life, it is definitely the most fun. This is the age where they really start giving back, hugs, kisses, reciprocal games, fits of laughter and giggles, speech, etc. The time when all of the work for the past year or so really starts showing with the progress they are making, and as their personalities begin to shine.
They can feed themselves and play independently, and although they need you in so many ways, they are not completely dependent on you. This leads to two things: 1) a realization that you have more time in your day to care for another newborn, and 2) the desire to have another baby who really needs you and who will stay still long enough to cuddle.
It's also the stage right before the "terrible twos", which, from what I've heard, is great birth control, and I think that stage makes so many other siblings about 4 years apart.
This is not to say that Jason and I are considering another baby now, just that I understand the desire, and that I am LOVING this stage of their lives!!
Be still, my beating heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment