Monday, March 8, 2010

Updates, updates and more updates!  That's what I get for going almost a week without a post!

Last week, Jason had his third and final training out of town, and "Aunt" Pilly, my best girlfriend, lives very close to Jason's training site, so I took the babies and we spent the week with her!  It was nice, because Jason was able to come see the babies a few nights, and we got to see some other good friends who had never met the babies. 

I was a little unsure about spending a whole week with just me and the babies at someone else's house, since Pilly works all day, but they were great.  It took them a day to get adjusted, but they actually slept longer at night there than they do here.  We would put them down at 8 p.m., as usual, and they would sleep until 9 a.m.!! 

Here are a few other updates:

1.  Our little man is CRUISING!!!  He's not very fast, and it's fairly labored, but he is getting places, especially when food is involved!

2.  They have been having more success with the shape sorter.  Karyssa is pretty consistent with the circle, square and hexagon, and Kyran has now done all four shapes, including the triangle!

3.  Kyran is also pulling up on everything, tables, toys, his crib, the play yard, our legs, there is no stopping that kid! 

4.  Karyssa has become so incredibly affectionate recently.  She just loves to hug and kiss.  I call her my little kissing machine, but part of me is scared I'll break the "machine" if I kiss her too much and she gets tired of it.  Oh well, there is no way I'm not going to kiss her when she leans in with her little lips puckered!

5.  Kyran is apparently not a fan of oranges.  In the past, I have let them suck on my orange slices, and they seemed to like that, so on Friday, I gave them each a little piece of the orange.  Karyssa loved it and wanted more, Kyran lost his dinner.  Poor little man!

6.  I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before or not, but Karyssa has the cutest little giggle.  It's almost like a giggle and a sigh mixed into one.  We're going to try to catch it on tape, but everyone who meets her just raves about it!

7.  Kyran can now drink from his sippy cup by himself without leaning back on anything!  This picture may not look like much, but to me, it's a miracle!


8.  Karyssa is still unsure about standing on her own, but she is now taking steps behind her walker.  It seems like she just needs one hand on it to feel comfortable, but she's not really putting much weight on it. 

9.  Kyran is now not only helping us dress him by pushing his arms through the sleeves and undress him by pulling his arms out, but he is now also pulling his shirt over his head for us when we are taking his shirt off!

10.  Although I am not pumping after each nursing period anymore, I have still been pumping before bed, to keep my supply up. Because of when we left on Sunday, the babies ate their "late night snack" at 10 p.m. instead of 7:30 p.m., so for the first time in over 14 months, I went a whole day without pumping.   What a weird feeling!

The weather is starting to warm up here, and I am so excited about this spring and summer!  I can't wait to take them to the park, the zoo, the pool and on playdates with lots of other fun babies!!!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX