I know the key for us is to not give in to her when she acts this way. That's so much easier to say than it is to do, especially for Jason. It's not that he's weak or completely wrapped around her finger, just that he's gone during the day and just wants them to be happy when he spends time with them. I'm so glad that we agree as parents that by not giving in to them all of the time, we are helping to create stronger, more independent, kids who will be lots of fun to be around!
I think that all parents struggle with this, but I, especially, still harbor some guilty feelings from their premature birth, and that makes it very hard for me. I also still picture them as tiny babies, lying in their isolettes, hooked up to who knows how many pieces of equipment and IVs, and feel bad if I am the source of any additional pain or frustration. I am asking God for His will to be done as we raise these children, and for the strength to do what is needed to help them become healthy, well-adjusted adults one day.
On a different note, Jason realized yesterday that Kyran was slipping on the steps at our house while climbing, so he took off his pants and away he went...all the way up, all by himself!
What a wonderful world it would be if everyone in the world had Kyran's work ethic and motivation and Karyssa's strong spirit!
And one sweet moment: yesterday, we were playing on the floor, and Kyran reached up for a kiss. Karyssa then also looked up with her lips puckered for one of her own and then they both leaned forward at the same time, and without any assistance or prompting, gave each other the sweetest kiss ever!
Kyran loves being outside!
She climbed on the horse all by herself!


No comments:
Post a Comment