Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Karyssa showed more signs of being my little mini-me last night.

My mom has told me a hundred times that, when I was a baby, I didn't want to do anything until I could do it right (I'm actually still like that for the most part).  I said my first word at 7 months, but, aside from mama and dada, didn't talk again until I was 18 months, and then talked in 2-3 word sentences.  I didn't walk until 14 months, and then took off and never stopped. 

Karyssa has never really shown an interest in the stairs.  For a few months now, she has pulled up on the bottom step when Jason is upstairs, but only once attempted to climb on it.  She got one little leg up, realized she couldn't pull the other one up, and stopped.  Fast forward about a month and a half - last night, she pulled one leg up, and then the other leg, stopped, looking very proud of herself, and then continued to climb all the way to the top of the staircase!!!!  Our staircase has never looked so steep!



We had our third physical therapy session with the new PT yesterday, and she is so impressed with them.  She said she is so surprised that Kyran is standing for such long periods of time and that he has the control to drink a sippy cup by himself.  She kept saying how motivated he is, and how much that has helped him get where he is. 

We went outside today to try to enjoy this beautiful spring weather.  Kyran wanted to eat the grass and crawl everywhere, but Karyssa was pretty unsure about sitting on the grass.  They both just love to be outside, though!

I forgot to post yesterday that my friend, Sara, delivered her healthy twins on Saturday night!  Lane (6 lb, 7 oz) and Rowen (5 lb, 9 oz) were born around 11:30 p.m. on March 6.  Congratulations to the Trexler family!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX