Monday, June 21, 2010

The difference between my children:

 
 

 

 

 

 
On Saturday, we had Kyran and Karyssa's Premiere/Half-birthday party.  Since we couldn't have a proper first birthday party, due to RSV restrictions, we decided to premiere them to the world and celebrate.  We froze their smash cakes from December and let them dig in.  What a difference!

 
I thought it might seem a little silly to some people that we were having a half-birthday party for our kids, but our friends jumped on board and made the day awesome.  Watching them with their cakes made the whole thing worth it for me!  I'll post some more pictures and more details about the party tomorrow.

 
Our weekend was pretty full with the party on Saturday and Father's Day on Sunday.  I know I've said it on here a lot, but I really could not imagine a better father than Jason.  There is nothing he wouldn't do for his children, and he demonstrates his love in so many ways.  I am so blessed to have him as my partner in this crazy world and Karyssa and Kyran are beyond blessed to have him as their daddy!

 

 
 
One year ago...
 

Today is also their official half-birthday.  It's so hard to believe my babies are 18 months old!  Here are some facts about them at 18 months:
 
  • They both wear size three diapers, 6-9 month (some 12 month) clothes and size 2 shoes.
  • They are saying several words without prompting, and mimicking so much!
  • Kyran has 12 teeth and Karyssa has 8.  We are expecting her molars to break through at any time. 
  • Karyssa is still taking steps, but only when she wants to.  Kyran is doing so well crawling now, and we have started working on his walking. 
  • They both love to climb on things and have no apparent fear of heights. 
  • They still take two naps a day, although the afternoon one is getting shorter.  They sleep for about 2 hours in the morning and 1-1.5 hours in the afternoon. 
  • They eat everything except fruit, so we are still feeding them baby food fruits. 
  • They sleep from 8pm to 8am, and it is very, very rare that they wake up during the night.  They wake up happy in the mornings and I only know they're up if I hear them talking to each other. 
  • They are the greatest babies I could have ever asked for!  I tell people that God decided if he was going to give me two preemie babies, he would make them the best-behaved, most well-mannered children I'd ever seen!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX