Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New Word Wednesday

I wasn't as good about writing the words down this past week, but here are the ones I remember:

Karyssa:

Hammer (ham)
Ball
More
Tickle, tickle (she's been saying this for a while, it sounds like ticka, ticka, ticka, ticka in a high-pitched voice, but we just figured out what she is saying this week)
Burp (more on this later)
Stop (said to the cat, who was moving away from her)

Kyran:

Chicken (chi)
More bubbles
Up (bup)
Tickle
Burp

You've noticed that each of my children are now saying the word "burp".  Several days ago, Kyran let out a very loud burp, and I made a big deal about it, saying "What a big burp!".  Karyssa then proceeded to let out a very large fake burp, and just grinned at herself.  I gave her the same fanfare, and that fueled the fire.  Now, every time Kyran burps, Karyssa fake burps, and sometimes Kyran fake burps back, and then they'll say "burp".  They both think this is hilarious, and I have a hard time not laughing at them, which just makes them do it more! 

We had a follow-up hearing screen today (every six months), and both passed with flying colors!  Thank God for the gift of their hearing!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX