Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Although I don't think I've mentioned this on the blog before, anyone who knows me has heard me predict that, as soon as Kyran starts crawling 100% of the time, Karyssa will start to walk.  Their entire lives, she's stayed just one physical step ahead of him.  When he rolled from front to back, she rolled from back to front, when he started army crawling, she started crawling, etc. 

This weekend, we took a trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee and had a wonderful time with some great friends!  On Saturday afternoon, the guys were out golfing and the ladies and kids had just returned from shopping.  I was watching Kyran and mentioned to my friends that he had not army-crawled all weekend, but had been up on his hands and knees the whole time.  Well, Karyssa must have noticed too...

About a half-hour later, I was playing with her and stood her up.  She took two steps to me!  I tried it again, a little further out, and she took 4 1/2 steps to me.  A few minutes later, she walked eight steps to a chair in front of us, touched it, and when I pushed the chair away, took four more steps to it!!!  Since then, she has only taken about four steps at a time, but I know it's coming soon! 

Kyran is now officially a crawler.  He has not been on his belly since last week!  He's also getting a lot faster crawling and climbing up the stairs. 

It is so hard for me to believe that it is June and that they will be 18 months old in just a few weeks. 

Here are my big babies!  (I really didn't mean to dress them alike, it's just what I pulled out of the bag!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post gave me the biggest smile! That is awesome news about both of them! Yay for Karyssa and Kyran!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX