With all of the therapists, stretches, exercises, toys, books, diapers, feedings, and everything else that has gone into raising our children, it's easy to forget our most important job.
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. ~Proverbs 22:6
It's sometimes hard to know what to do with babies, but from the time they started eating solid food, and even sometimes while they were nursing, we have prayed before meals. We thank the Lord for our food, for the beautiful day and for the chance to be together. We read Bible stories. We sing Jesus Loves Me. But it's hard to know if they are getting it.
About a month ago, I was standing in front of them with breakfast, and Karyssa brought her hands together. She was ready to pray!! Just a few days later, Kyran did the same thing. Now, usually, they bring their hands together, and sometimes even bow their heads, and just Wednesday, Karyssa said 'men when we were finished!
I know that they don't quite understand it yet, but just knowing that it's becoming a part of their everyday life makes me so happy! I pray for guidance in how to best teach them about God's love and the gifts he has already given them and will continue to bless them with throughout their lives.
Here's a quick video we caught on Thursday. Her walking has really picked up over the last few days! I'm not sure if I should be excited, sad or scared.
1 comment:
I know exactly what you mean about all the therapy and stretches and so forth. It's hard to remember what to do and what needs to be done.
I love that they are folding their hands and bowing their heads. We tell MK to make "pretty hands" before we pray and she has gotten really good at doing that. It's so sweet.
Post a Comment