Friday, June 11, 2010

I've mentioned before that we have two cats:

Tang


Foz

Tang is our lovable, easy-going cat.  He's two years older than Foz and bigger boned, outweighing him by about two pounds.  He has never met a stranger and is incredibly friendly with everyone.  He is orange (hence the name Tang) and very soft.

Foz is our higher-maintenance cat.  He is thinner and lighter than Tang, with mostly silky, black hair.  He takes a very long time to warm up to new people, eyeing them warily if he'll come out at all.  Once he warms up to you, though, you have a friend for life.  He is more timid in most situations than Tang.

Remind you of anyone?



It has occurred to me recently that my cats' personalities and appearances somewhat mirror those of my own children.  Kyran is our incredibly friendly, flirty baby, with lighter hair and soft skin, but who weighs more and is slightly older.  Karyssa is our slightly younger, smaller, slower-to-warm baby, who gets very attached to certain people.  She has dark hair and silky skin. 

Of course, Jason is not a huge fan of the cats, so he hates this comparison, but there is no denying it!

About 10 years ago, my sister adopted Tang from a friend.  We were living together at the time, and she decided after two months that she didn't want him anymore.  I was already in love, so I told her to just let me take over his care, and she did!  About two years later, I went into work one day, and my co-workers had found a tiny little kitten, who may have just been the cutest thing I'd ever seen until Kyran and Karyssa were born.  I brought him home and Tang loved him immediately! 

They are best friends, even though they are very different.  I hope and pray that we'll be able to say the same thing about Karyssa and Kyran one day!

1 comment:

turketwh said...

Foz has definitely gotten bigger than when I last saw him!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX