Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

For one night, the Burkett Bundle was transformed into the "Burkett Bugs"! The babies did so well and really seemed to enjoy themselves!

Since we moved into our neighborhood, my nieces, Marley and Kahlan have come over each year to trick-or-treat with us. It's normally a pretty big entourage with my parents, Marley and Kahlan's parents, Jason and me. This year it grew even more, as we added Karyssa and Kyran as well as Mercy (my mother's helper), and her younger brother, Banner.

Last year's Halloween was bittersweet for me. I had recently been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, so I couldn't eat any candy, and I wasn't able to do much walking around, so I missed a lot of the trick-or-treating.

This year was awesome! Our little love bugs were so cute and sweet (and hot, since it was about 75 degrees last night)!

When I was about eight years old, I dressed up as a mom taking her baby trick-or-treating. I put on a blond wig, stuffed my shirt and carried a baby doll dressed up as a princess. That was a fun year, but nothing like actually taking my babies out for Halloween.

I'm so excited about the Halloween tradition that we have started, and look forward to so many more!

Sorry for posting so many pictures, but I just couldn't decide which ones to post!


Getting ready to trick-or-treat!

Our little bumble bee!

Our little ladybug!


Flying Karyssa!

Flying Kyran!




The whole group (minus my dad behind the camera)



Stealing Kyran's candy!

Got it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Cutest little bugs ever!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX