Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Last night, I attended my monthly mother of twins club meeting. While talking with another mom, it occurred to me that Kyran and Karyssa will be one year old...NEXT MONTH!!! I guess I knew it was coming soon, but to say next month sounds so weird!

Now that it's starting to get cold here, I've spent the last few days packing up their summer clothes and sorting through their winter clothes. A few weeks ago, we went out and bought several winter outfits, because we didn't have much that they could wear. They have been wearing 0-3 month clothes for the last several months, and the 3-6 month clothes have been way too big on them.

Well, last weekend, when we tried the new clothes on, they were already too small, so we had to exchange them for larger sizes! They haven't been officially weighed since their nine-month check-up in September, but by our scale (me getting on alone and then with them. Not scientific, but it's been pretty accurate), Kyran weighs about 16 lbs, and Karyssa is around 15 lbs. That's a 1.5 lb gain each in a month and a half. Not bad, considering Karyssa is so mobile!

I'm so happy that they are growing so well, and it's doing wonders for my biceps!

On Thursday, I was so excited that Kyran was sitting on his own. Apparently that wasn't something he was very excited about, because he has only done it for limited amounts of time since then. He is sitting very well with the tiniest amount of support (one finger to the back of his head), so we know it won't be long until he's sitting on his own consistently.

We have been working with Karyssa on rocking on her hands and knees. She is so quick with her army crawl, and we're trying to make sure that she doesn't lose her motivation to crawl on her hands and knees. Yesterday, during PT, she rocked on her own for about 15 seconds, so we are aiming to make that time longer each day.

So much of the time I feel like a personal trainer, rather than a mother. During times that I want to be cuddling with them, I'm working on sitting up, crawling, grabbing, etc. It does get frustrating, but watching my babies achieve their milestones is always a good feeling.

As you all know, we turned back the clocks on Saturday night. We fed the babies later after trick-or-treating, and went through the normal bedtime routine, but they still woke up at 6:30 (7:30 in their minds). We waited until the new 8:00 to feed them, and fed them every four hours as usual. That night they went to bed at the new 8:30 and every day since they have slept until the new 7:30 or later. Yesterday, I had to wake Kyran up at 8:30! Not a bad adjustment!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX