One year ago:
During my stay at the hospital, there were two very special times of the day. Right after the nurses' shift change, they would make their rounds and break out the Doppler monitor, a machine that allowed us to listen to the babies heartbeats. This assured me that they were healthy and let me know about where they were, so that I could put my hand over each of them while I prayed.
Today:
We had a busy weekend, but as always, it was great having Jason around during the day.
On Saturday, they got their second seasonal flu shot and their first H1N1 shot. We will go back in four weeks for the second H1N1 shot, and then they will be done.
I've mentioned that while I was on bed rest, I listened to a lot of music. When I found out I was pregnant, I created a play list of some songs I sang to the babies and some of Jason's and my love songs. One of these songs is basically the story of our relationship, and as I listened to it, I pictured a slide show of our life in my head.
In my "spare time", I finally was able to create that slide show, and wanted to post it on the blog.
A little background - Jason and I were set up by my sister and one of her best friends, Erin. Erin's brother Steve is Jason's best friend, and one night, Harmony and Erin decided that we had to meet.
Well, at the time, I lived in San Francisco, and Jason lived in Columbia, and neither of us had any desire for a long-distance relationship. After nine months of trying to get us together whenever I visited, we finally agreed to meet. I had just moved to Charlotte, NC, so the distance wouldn't be so bad, and I think both of us just wanted to get them to leave us alone.
Jason invited us all to his 28th birthday party, where we met and talked all night. Ten months later we were engaged, and a year after that we were married. I used to sing this song, just based on the first two verses, but I never in my wildest dreams thought that the last verse would come true!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness! That gave me chills. That song is so perfect for you guys! I love how the pictures were timed perfectly with the song - like when it said kiss the bride, there was a picture of you two kissing. PERFECT! And I also love how the end did come true. Your babies are beautiful!
I think about this song a lot when I look at Addison and Fischer, because I used to (and still do) love this song and it's so weird how I never imagined I'd have one boy and one girl!!!
awww, that was so sweet!
-Kerry
I'm still crying from watching that! It was so beautiful! Can I have a copy? God Bless!
I Love you all!
That was precious!!!!!!! I've never heard that song the whole way through. How perfect!!! I also love you hair short! I don't know that I've seen you in person with it short. Very cute! Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment