I was beginning to get restless and lonely. The one good thing about the Mag (other than slowing the contractions) was that it made me so tired and a little numb to everything. Now, my mind was fully awake, but my body still couldn't do anything.
My friends and family all work during the day, so they would come for a few minutes here and there, but couldn't stay very long. The TV was at the foot of the bed, and since I had to lay on my side, I had to strain my neck to watch, which wasn't very pleasant.
I spent a lot of time praying, some time listening to music and the rest of the time, I watched the contraction monitor. This was not a good thing. After a week on the monitor, I had begun to recognize the feeling of the contractions. There was no pain involved, just a tightening of the stomach. Every time I thought I felt something, I would look at the monitor. Sometimes, I would be pleasantly surprised, but most of the time, I was right.
Each contraction made my heart sink. I knew they were inevitable, but it didn't stop the feeling that with each squeeze, the babies were closer to coming into the world.
Today:
Karyssa and Kyran are 11 months old today! It is so amazing to think how far they have come, and how quickly the time is passing.
We have started a tiling project in the kitchen and began to tear the linoleoum out last night, so today we will be shopping for baby gates.
Last night, I broke out the video camera to try to get some video of the babies playing together. As soon as the camera came out, though, all Karyssa wanted to do was eat the lens cap.
There was one point that I had the camera on her, and she was actually smiling and laughing. Then I realized why...I had accidentally pressed the button twice, and the camera was paused. She wasn't laughing for the camera, but at me!!
Kyran, on the other hand, is our little ham. When we break the still camera out, he usually smiles.
One day, Karyssa is going to want to know why we have so many pictures of Kyran happy and smiling and not many of her, and I'm going to show her all of the "photoshoots" that I have done, trying to get her to smile for the camera. It's not for lack of trying, she is just a stubborn child!
Here are pictures of our sleeping 11-month-olds!
2 comments:
I love seeing how they are laying in their cribs every morning!
I love seeing sleeping baby picture too, especially when I love the babies! My brother never understood why I took sleeping pictures of my babies but I'm glad I am not the only one who does it and likes them!
God Bless!
Post a Comment