One year ago:
I woke up as a patient in a hospital room for the first time since I was a newborn baby. My limbs felt like rocks. I was burning up. I opened my eyes and literally saw double. There were only three of us in the room, but I saw two Jasons and two nurses. I ordered breakfast and tried to rest while waiting for it.
When the food got there, the nurse warned me against eating, but I was hungry and wanted food. She asked if I wanted to eat sitting up or laying down, and I said I'd like to sit up a little, so she moved the head of the bed up and fed me the first bite.
During the entire pregnancy, I never had any morning sickness, but while eating that first bite that morning, I got sick...very sick. I knew that I couldn't eat any more, but since I had already had my insulin injection, I had to drink juice, so that my blood sugar wouldn't crash.
The rest of that day is also very blurry. I was having 4 mg (the maximum) of Magnesium Sulfate pumped into my body each hour, and it was taking its toll. The nurse said I was "magged out".
I don't remember lunch that day, but I know that dinner that night was a little better than breakfast. I felt very dehydrated because of the Mag, and the food tasted like rubber, but I was at least able to fill my stomach.
I remember being so hot, although everyone else was wearing their jackets, and I was told later that the thermostat was set below 60 degrees.
The doctor came in to check on me and I was 1 cm dilated, and 50-70% effaced. My contractions had slowed down a little, and they reduced the Mag to 3 mg/hour.
Today:
I took the babies to the zoo for the first time today! We met Michelle (Masteron Family of Six) and her two sets of twins, Carrie (The Bowers Towers) and her twin girls and little boy and another of their friends and her son. We had 10 children five-years-old and younger and four moms!
The babies didn't really get much out of the trip, except that they just loved being outside. I think they had more fun watching the other kids than watching the animals. They did seem content watching the sleeping crocodiles, though!
I woke up as a patient in a hospital room for the first time since I was a newborn baby. My limbs felt like rocks. I was burning up. I opened my eyes and literally saw double. There were only three of us in the room, but I saw two Jasons and two nurses. I ordered breakfast and tried to rest while waiting for it.
When the food got there, the nurse warned me against eating, but I was hungry and wanted food. She asked if I wanted to eat sitting up or laying down, and I said I'd like to sit up a little, so she moved the head of the bed up and fed me the first bite.
During the entire pregnancy, I never had any morning sickness, but while eating that first bite that morning, I got sick...very sick. I knew that I couldn't eat any more, but since I had already had my insulin injection, I had to drink juice, so that my blood sugar wouldn't crash.
The rest of that day is also very blurry. I was having 4 mg (the maximum) of Magnesium Sulfate pumped into my body each hour, and it was taking its toll. The nurse said I was "magged out".
I don't remember lunch that day, but I know that dinner that night was a little better than breakfast. I felt very dehydrated because of the Mag, and the food tasted like rubber, but I was at least able to fill my stomach.
I remember being so hot, although everyone else was wearing their jackets, and I was told later that the thermostat was set below 60 degrees.
The doctor came in to check on me and I was 1 cm dilated, and 50-70% effaced. My contractions had slowed down a little, and they reduced the Mag to 3 mg/hour.
Today:
I took the babies to the zoo for the first time today! We met Michelle (Masteron Family of Six) and her two sets of twins, Carrie (The Bowers Towers) and her twin girls and little boy and another of their friends and her son. We had 10 children five-years-old and younger and four moms!
The babies didn't really get much out of the trip, except that they just loved being outside. I think they had more fun watching the other kids than watching the animals. They did seem content watching the sleeping crocodiles, though!
Everyone says she looks like me, but she could be a Jason clone here!
Yummy, this book tastes good!
She's eating out of his hand now, but pretty soon, she'll have Daddy eating out of the palm of her hand!
At the Gorilla House
Grace, Alec, Caroline and Ayden
Carrie and Bennie
Andru, Anhnika and Michelle
1 comment:
What a great day for the zoo! It has been beautiful! Love the new pictures.
I have loved reading your posts each day that reflect back to last year. For me, it brings back so many memories. And I do remember how awful that mag was! Yikes!
Post a Comment