Friday, November 27, 2009

One year ago:

Thanksgiving 2008 was a very depressing day. I was thankful that my babies were still hanging in there, but I couldn't be with my family and I couldn't eat any of the good Thanksgiving food.

I had visitors throughout the day, including my friend, Pilly, who sat with me for three hours, even though I slept for two. My mom made me a sugar-free pumpkin pie and brought me some butternut squash, but other than that, it was just hospital food.

That evening, Jason and his dad and sister came by with a little Christmas tree for the room, and I broke down crying. I didn't want to think about spending another holiday in the hospital

Today:

Thanksgiving 2009 was a very different day. "Aunt" Pilly came to visit on Wednesday night, and we spent Thursday morning with her. Then the five of us went over to my aunt's and uncle's house for our Thanksgiving dinner. When we arrived back home, Granddad Burkett was there, and Aunt Tammy and Carey got there shortly afterwards.

This Thanksgiving was filled with friends, family and food and more to be thankful for than I could ever have imagined.

I am thankful for my friends, who have been there for me through all of my good and bad times. I am thankful for my family, who, even though they drive me crazy sometimes, will always be my best friends. I am thankful for my in-laws, who from day one have made me feel like a Burkett.

I am thankful for Jason, who is an incredible husband and father and the only person with whom I could have made it through the past year. I am thankful for Karyssa and Kyran, who are the biggest miracle of my life, and who make the world a better place, just by being in it.

Most importantly, I am thankful for Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, who has given me all of these blessings and so many more.

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX