Sunday, November 29, 2009

One year ago:

I was starting to feel a little better about the babies. I was past the 26-week mark, and the doctors were starting to talk about 32 weeks, instead of making it sound like the babies would be born any day.

My favorite nurse, Patty, said she'd seen many patients like me and that she thought I'd probably be going home on bed rest within the next two weeks. I was still watching my contractions, but they were holding steady at four or five an hour, which was ok according to the doctors.

Today:

We are out of milk...frozen milk, that is.

When the babies first came home and weren't eating very much, I was able to freeze about 200 ounces of milk. Now that they are eating all but about an ounce or two when they nurse, and supplementing 14 ounces a day combined, my stash is gone.

I am still pumping after nursing, but I'm not getting enough for their supplemental bottles, so we are starting to give them 2-4 ounces of formula each day. They don't like it as much, but they'll eat just about anything.

Last night, Jason put up the Christmas tree and I just finished putting the ornaments on it and decorating the house. I'm so excited for Christmas this year!!

I'll post Thanksgiving pictures when I get them from my brother, but here are a couple from the weekend. You'll notice that Karyssa is in a tupperware container. This is part of their therapy, but also our attempt to keep her out of the kitchen during our big tiling project. The egg crate stuffed in the chair behind her is there to keep Bella out!




2 comments:

Grandmommy said...

I love your new background! See you soon!

Love,

Grandmommy/Mom : )

Anonymous said...

Love the news pics and the new background!

Please tell me more about the tupperware box. It looks and sounds interesting!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX