Tuesday, December 1, 2009

One year ago:

During my stay in the hospital, I had several visitors. Most of these were friends and family, but some were doctors and hospital staff members.

Each morning, I would get an early visit from one of the endocrinologists. They would come in and look at my blood sugar levels from the day before, and then order any adjustments to my insulin. As my pregnancy progressed, my insulin doses increased.

Also each morning, although usually much later, I would see one of the OBs from my practice. They came in, looked at the monitor printout, asked me a few questions and let the nurses know if any of my orders had changed.

Once a week, on Tuesdays, I would also get a visit from the hospital chaplain. She came in and talked for a little while, and always prayed over me, the babies and Jason before she left.

So many people worked so hard to keep me pregnant and to keep our babies healthy, and I am so thankful for each and every one of them.

Today:

Countdown until Kyran and Karyssa's first birthday - 20 days!

It is so hard to believe that, in 20 short days, Karyssa and Kyran will be a year old! They are growing and changing in so many ways.

Kyran has learned to kiss!! Karyssa usually just opens her mouth (and tries to insert her tongue occasionally), but Kyran purses his lips together, and when my lips make contact, he blows a little bit of air at me. He just loves blowing and making all kinds of sounds with his mouth!

He is also now scooting a little bit more. He has been rocking a little on his knees and elbows, and from that position, can push himself forward a little!

Karyssa is into everything! I can stand her up against the coffee table with 10 toys in front of her, and she will go for the one thing on the table that she's not supposed to have. She loves remotes, phones, cups, coasters, etc.

One of the developmental milestones for babies around their age is the pincer grasp, or the ability to grab an object with just the index finger and thumb. She has mastered that skill, as she can now pick up the tiniest speck of dirt or dog hair on the carpet and successfully get it into her mouth.

We can always tell when she has something in her mouth, because she starts chewing. When I pick her up to get whatever her snack is out of her mouth, she clenches her jaw and starts screaming when I finally pry it open and take her treat away.

Here are some spaghetti pictures from today's lunch:




No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX