One year ago:
I hit 28 weeks, and was optimistically looking forward to 32. My home monitoring was showing five or less contractions per hour, my blood pressure was great and the babies were very active!
I spent a lot of time watching TV, since I could see the TV very well from the couch, but I did still read and sleep a good bit too. I was also able to have my work laptop set up, so it was easier to get work done from home.
I didn't have near as many visitors, but my mom still came over as often as possible to sit with me before Jason came home.
Today:
Countdown to Kyran and Karyssa's first birthday - 12 days!!!
Things are changing so quickly, and I have several updates since my last post.
On Monday, we went to the eye doctor for their one-year check-up. At their appointment last spring, Kyran was +4 farsighted, with a little misalignment in his eyes, and Karyssa was +0.5 farsighted with no misalignment. Dr. Cheeseman said that Kyran was mildly farsighted, but that his sight should continue to get better and that Karyssa was close to perfect.
Monday, Kyran showed no signs of misalignment and he was +0.5 farsighted, what Karyssa had been several months before. He was a little surprised at how quickly his vision had improved. Karyssa's eyes were aligned perfectly, and she had absolutely no signs of farsightedness. He said she was almost perfect!
Kyran showed even more signs of great vision as he flirted with the pretty, young, blonde medical students who helped with the exam!
Both Karyssa and Kyran are mimicking more sounds and showing more signs of understanding words. Last night, Karyssa surprised Jason by looking over at her doll twice when I asked her where her doll was. She also said the word "doll" twice yesterday!
Last night, their cousins Marley and Kahlan came to visit and they loved playing with the "big" kids! At one point, Kyran leaned forward from his sitting position and started to pull up on me! He starts most things a little later than Karyssa, but once he starts, he goes from 0-60 in 2.5!
Two nights ago, I was singing my own words to the "Camptown Races" song (probably something like, Kyran is my handsome boy, doo dah, doo dah), and after I sang the "Oh da doo dah day part, he echoed it...exactly!
I am so proud of my babies, and just can't believe how fast they are growing up!
1 comment:
YOU ARE TRULY BLESSED.LOVE GRANDMA
Post a Comment