Here's a sample of what's going through my mind today:


How did they go from babies to kids so quickly???
It seems as though our year is ending on a sick note. Apparently, all of our out and about last week caught up with us, and both Kyran and Karyssa are sick. Tuesday night through last night was the worst of it. Karyssa got it first, and ran about a 101 fever, with a runny nose and hoarse throat. Her fever is gone, but her voice is not completely back, and her cry is truly heartbreaking.
I woke up at 2 a.m. on Wednesday to check on her, only to find Kyran breathing very quickly and burning up with a 102.5 temperature. Both babies were pretty miserable yesterday, but seem to be doing better today. The fevers are gone, but both still have runny noses, so we're continuing to keep a close eye on them. During those 36 hours, I called the pediatrician's office three times, so we know what to look for, and when we need to bring them in.
An additional update, and another reason that Karyssa felt so bad yesterday is that she is cutting her third tooth. Her top left front tooth is coming in, so I'm sure that added to her pain.
Also, as soon as Karyssa learned to reach and grab, the thing she wanted most was Kyran's pacifier. I warned her that one day he would get her back. Well, that day was yesterday. She doesn't normally have her paci unless she's in bed, but she was so miserable yesterday that I allowed her to have it in the pack 'n play while I pumped. Kyran kept taking the paci out of her mouth, giving it back to her, and then doing the same thing. She would cry her pitiful, hoarse cry every time.
I hope that everyone has a safe and happy new year, filled with as much joy as these precious little ones bring to me each day!
4 comments:
Happy New Year! They are both so, so precious. The timeline of photos shows just how much they have grown and changed. It's amazing!
Happy new year!!!! What a great year it has been....full of beautiful memories that will last a lifetime. I love you guys!
Those pics in that context really made me remember the whole wonderful year with my sweet Grandtwins! I love you all and look forward to the next year and watching them change and grow some more.
I may copy your idea with the pics!
Post a Comment