Recently, that feeling has started breaking into my dreams as well. Each dream pretty much goes the same way. I'm out somewhere, doing something, and I see someone with twins or see Jason and realize that he's not home with the babies and start panicking that we left them home alone and telling everyone what a bad mother I am.
I don't think that there is any hidden fear that I will leave the house without them, rather, I think it's that I start to feel guilty that they're not included in my dream, and take it out on myself in the dream. Yes, I might be a little obsessed with my children!
Since Jason has been home this week, we've been out and about a lot. The babies just love being out of the house, and don't even seem to mind the cold very much. They love to shop and were so well behaved when we met the Friths (Jason, Kerry and baby Riley) for dinner at IHOP! We do have to watch them carefully or they will pull drinks off the table and items off of the racks.
Karyssa realized this week that, from the back seat of the stroller, she can reach up and touch Kyran's head, which they both found hilarious!
Last night, Kyran figured out how to use his fingers to wave, instead of his whole arm. It's slow, and backwards, and he watches his fingers the whole time, but he very clearly waved and said "Hi Dada" to Jason last night.
I think I've mentioned it before, but if not, Kyran has teeth #6 and #7 coming in now, but other than seeing them, you'd never know. His new obsession is the Cruise and Crawl Jungle that Granddad Burkett gave them for Christmas. He has even started trying to sit himself up and pull up on it.
While Karyssa still prefers to army crawl, she has taken several crawling steps on all fours recently!
We have loved having Jason around this week, but we're also very excited about him starting his new job tomorrow!
1 comment:
Your little ones are so sweet! I am glad to see that they had a wonderful first birthday and that you were able to celebrate Christmas together as a family this year. Have a wonderful 2010!
Kelly (Geyer) Miller
Post a Comment