One year ago:
During my time on bed rest, I did a lot of praying. Prayer for a healthy pregnancy, a safe delivery, healthy children, Jason's patience after taking over our entire household, our ability to raise the children, etc.
I've always had a very strong faith in the Lord, but that faith had never been tested to this extent. All I could do was lay there, pray, and trust in Him to carry out His will. Oftentimes, I've heard people talk about "hearing" God, and I never knew what to think. Were they talking about actually hearing his voice? Getting signs from him?
I'm sure it is a different experience for everyone, but when I prayed, I heard him tell me that the babies would be ok. I didn't hear the voice with my ears, and there weren't any signs. Instead, it was my voice in my head, as if I was thinking, but I wasn't thinking. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but I knew where the words were coming from, and they were not my own.
I think of the peace I received from that message as one of the many miracles included in the life of my children.
Today:
Countdown to Kyran and Karyssa's first birthday - 7 days!
We had a busy weekend and two special visitors. Granddad Burkett and our friend, Adam, AKA "Uncle Odie", came to help Jason finish tiling the kitchen. He still has a little work to do, but the majority is done and I think they did a fantastic job! I'll post before and after pictures when everything is back in place.
Karyssa is continuing to pull up on everything. She has even started going out of her way in order to crawl over things. She seems to be turning into one fearless little girl.
I think Kyran may have a bit of a cold right now, but no temperature or symptoms other than a runny nose, so we're just keeping a close eye on him. He's still the same laid-back, happy baby as usual, but he is getting better at his army crawl, and even tried to pull up on the magazine rack under the coffee table last night in an attempt to follow Karyssa.
I spoke with my sister (Aunt Harmony) this weekend, and she told me that her daughter, Ayla, weighed 16 lb, 12 oz at her one-year check-up. Ayla was a full-term baby who weighed 5 lb, 9 oz at birth. We won't have an official weight until the babies' check-up on January 4, but according to my non-scientific weights, Kyran already weighs more than Ayla did at one year and Karyssa is not too far behind!
While they may still be tiny, they are right on track for our family!
"What are you doing back there?"
Karyssa looks surprised because she's never had an outfit with no pink on it before!
Standing and smiling, thinking about getting over to her brother's paci!
Kyran's new scrunchy-faced smile...sorry the flash didn't go off.
Karyssa loves Tang...and yes, he does outweigh her!
No comments:
Post a Comment