Sunday, December 6, 2009

One year ago:

As soon as my mom found out I was pregnant with twins, she began planning a big Noah's Ark themed baby shower. For the three weeks prior to the shower, she tried to figure out a way for me to "be" at the shower without actually being there. She thought about setting up a web cam, or just videotaping it. She asked about having it in the hospital room, but there wouldn't have been enough room for everyone.

Well, the shower was planned for December 6, so I actually got to be at my shower! Even though I was stuck on my couch, couldn't eat any sweets and had to have my friend, Crissy, open my gifts, I still had a marvelous time. I had so many friends and family members there.

Two of the guests were friends I had known since elementary school. Three of the guests had a twin brother or sister themselves. My mother, grandmother and two of my aunts were there. I can't remember many times that I have felt so loved.

The only bed rest pictures I have of myself were taken that day. Here's what I looked like at almost 28 weeks.




Today:

Our friends Jay and Veronica, and their month-old son, Landon, came to visit today! Karyssa was pretty jealous to see me holding another baby, but both of them were very curious about him. He weighs about 9.5 lbs now, but he just feels so tiny. It is so hard to believe that Kyran and Karyssa weighed only about 1/3 of that when they were born!

Kyran had two pretty big milestones this weekend! First, he is officially a "scooter"! When Karyssa army crawls, she puts her arms out in front of her, and then pulls her legs up. Kyran does the opposite. He pulls his legs up under him, then pushes his arms out and pulls himself forward. He has to work very hard to do it, but when he's motivated, say by goldfish, bananas or Christmas tree garland, he gets where he wants to go!

Also, today, while our friends were over, he waved for the first time! Veronica waved at him, and he waved back, not a full wave, but we could definitely see his arm go up and his fingers curve down. Given the issues he has had with his upper body, we certainly were not expecting him to wave first, but I guess the flirt in him just had to wave at the pretty lady!

Karyssa has now started pulling up onto her feet. She can't quite pull herself to standing yet, but she will put her hands on just about anything, and lift her knees up so that she's in an L position. It's so adorable, and she is so proud of herself!

Here are some pictures from today's visit!







No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX