One year ago:
In case I haven't mentioned it before, I could not have survived my bed rest experience without Jason.
He took over everything, including taking care of the cats, which he can't stand. Actually, he took care of the cats for nearly a year, since I wasn't allowed to go near the litter box when I was pregnant (or each month when I thought I might be), and wasn't able to get down low enough for a while after my c-section.
He cooked, cleaned, managed finances, worked full time, took care of pets, came to see me before work and stayed late with me when I was in the hospital, plucked my eyebrows, put lotion on my feet, blow-dried my hair, did a lot of my injections, helped me change my terbutaline pump sites, and so many other things.
At our wedding, two of our good friends sang the song "When God Made You" by Newsong. Here are the lyrics to the chorus:
Oh I wonder what God was thinking,
when he created you.
I wonder if He knew everything I would need,
Because he made all my dreams come true.
When God made you,
He must have been thinking about me.
God certainly knew that I would need a man who could do all this, with very few complaints, and I am so thankful that he sent me Jason.
Today:
Countdown until Kyran and Karyssa's first birthday - 3 days!!!
Karyssa is officially pulling up and Kyran is officially army crawling!
Yesterday, when I was nursing Kyran, Karyssa pulled herself up to standing on the couch, and she did it again today while I was eating lunch. She has pulled up to her feet before, but only on low things, like the stairs. This was the first time she pulled up on something her own height!
In the past couple of days, it has become easier for Kyran to army crawl than to roll to get where he wants to go. He's not very fast, but he's getting better every day!
We've gotten a few new toys over the last few days, and the babies just love exploring. We also have now borrowed a stander from their physical therapist, and she thinks it will help them learn to walk more quickly and more balanced. I'll post pictures of them in the stander soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment