One year ago:
The day is a pretty big blur in my mind, but for most of the day, it seemed like the contractions had slowed and that I might be there for a while.
My first stay in the hospital I was in a fairly big room, but I didn't realized how much bigger it was than the other rooms. This time, they had checked me into a small room, but when it seemed that I would be there for longer than a day or two, they moved me back into my original room.
Later that night, my contractions started coming more quickly, and the nurse came in to give me a shot of Procardia to help slow them down. I kissed Jason goodnight, and he waited until I was asleep and the contractions had slowed again before heading home.
Today:
When I wake up tomorrow morning, I will be the mother of one-year-olds.
This is the thought that has brought tears to my eyes all day. There have been a few sad tears, but only because of how fast this year has flown by. The majority of tears have been the happy kind. The kind that know how blessed we are to have such healthy, happy babies. The kind that know what true love is, and that true happiness comes not from what you have, but who you have.
Last year, I fell asleep very scared, praying for and thinking of my tiny babies who were not ready to come out yet. Tonight, I will fall asleep comforted and happy, counting my blessings and thinking of my amazing children.
1 comment:
It's hard to believe that they will be one. Time is flying by entirely too fast! So much has happened and transpired in just one year. I am so thankful that Kyran and Karyssa are doing so well! They are truly, truly miracles and bring a smile to my face each time I see them or read about them. Happy early birthday!
Post a Comment