I've mentioned before that the TV was at the foot of the bed, so I couldn't see it very well unless I was laying on my back, which I wasn't supposed to do. By this point in my hospital stay, I had done a lot of reading, puzzles and praying.
I also continued to read about fetal development and the risks of being born at each week of the pregnancy. One year ago, the babies hit 27 weeks, and we had more to celebrate. With each day, the survival rate went up and chances for disabilities went down.
I also mentioned before that I was required to wear pumps on my legs to help the circulation. I'm not exactly sure when, but at one point, the pumps malfunctioned, so they brought foot pumps in to replace them. These were much more comfortable to wear, but also more distracting at first. Each pump would fill with air very quickly, first right, then left, and then deflate slowly. It almost felt as though someone was punching my instep every few seconds.
As with everything else in the hospital, I adjusted quickly and was able to sleep with them on.
Today:
Countdown until Kyran and Karyssa's first birthday - 19 days!!!
Almost a year ago, in this post, I wrote these words:
"We apologize for the fact that we won't be able to get Christmas cards out this year, but next year's should be adorable!"
Well, I just ordered our Christmas cards, and if I do say so myself, they are ADORABLE! Not so much because of my design, but because of the adorable children on them!
They are similar to our blog header, but slightly different, and I had a lot of fun making them. Here's a sneak peek:

No comments:
Post a Comment