Wednesday, November 25, 2009

One year ago:

One year ago, Jason and I picked the color for the nursery walls, and he picked up the paint. The plan was for his dad and him to paint the room while his dad was in town for Thanksgiving. Granddad Burkett ended up painting the whole room himself that weekend, and Jason brought the camera so that I could see pictures!

Today:

For the last few days, Karyssa has decided that Kyran is the funniest person in the world. Just about anything he does will send her into a giggle fit. This usually gets him laughing too, and they both just look and laugh at each other.

Yesterday morning, they were sitting in their high chairs while I was getting breakfast ready. Karyssa likes to bang on her high chair tray, but Kyran had never done it before. Well, he banged once and it began. Karyssa hit her tray and then Kyran hit his, and they both cracked up.

They did this several times, and I just stood staring and silently laughing. As my mom realized last night, the second we laugh in response or move to get a camera, their attention diverts to us and they stop what they were doing. I'm working on always having a camera nearby, but when I'm getting two babies upstairs and downstairs all day, it's easy to forget the cameras.

It is such a neat thing when your children become not only fun, but funny. They have started doing things to get a response from us, and they just love when we laugh and smile or clap and cheer for them.

Here are some pictures from the "puppet show" we put on during Grandmommy's visit last night. We actually got some of Karyssa smiling!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww - I got to see her beautiful smile! Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving - we all have SO MUCH to be thankful for this year especially! :-)

Love you!
Kerry

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX