One year ago:
I was down to 1 mg of Mag/hour and was starting to feel better and be more alert. Around lunchtime, a nurse from Matria (the company that supplied my home-monitoring system) came with a terbutaline pump. The pump would provide a continuous low dose of terbutaline along with larger doses (called boluses) every three hours and as needed based on contractions.
The pump consisted of a syringe that sat in a computerized box, essentially. It was connected to me by tubing and a subcutaneous site (another needle) that I had to change every three days. Once the terbutaline had a chance to work, the plan was to discontinue the magnesium sulfate.
Because I was still on the Mag when I received the instructions for the pump, when it came time to change the syringe and the site, and whenever it started beeping at me that something was wrong, I had to call the company to be reminded of what to do.
Around this time, I was very aware of how uncomfortable the hospital bed was. Jason brought his down pillow for me to use, which helped a lot, and then the nurses brought me an egg crate. Because I was stuck in bed, they had to roll me from side to side in order to get the egg crate under the sheet. It didn't seem funny at the time, but thinking back now, it must have looked quite unusual.
Today:
For the past few days, we have been able to feel Kyran's first top tooth coming in and see the second one, so we are expecting that one to come through very soon. He has been so good with his teething. I am one blessed mommy!
Every time I have gone into the babies' room recently, Karyssa has been sitting up in her crib. This is her new favorite "trick" and she is so proud of herself when she does it!
I think both of them may be going through a growth spurt right now. They are starting to feel much heavier and, for the past two days, have been sleeping more during the day than normal.
At this point, I can still hold them both at the same time, but I'm beginning to wonder how much longer I'll be able to!
No comments:
Post a Comment