Wednesday, January 6, 2010

As Karyssa and Kyran are getting older and more mobile, I'm looking at my house in a much different way. It's weird, I guess, but everything is the enemy.

That's the burner that can burn his hand. That's the frying pan that can fall on her head. That's the outlet that can shock him. That's the table edge that can give her a bump on the head. That's the cord he can get caught up in. That's the dog hair that she can try to eat. And so it goes...

I'm very lucky that Karyssa is short like me. She knows how to climb the stairs, but isn't quite tall enough to get her second leg on the step. We have a gate, but are holding off putting it up until she can actually get up there. She's never in the living room without one of us, so we're pretty confident that we'll get it set up in time.

I think I've mentioned before that they love the theme song to Friends. Today, not only was Karyssa dancing to it, but she started singing along!

Kyran is taking leaps recently. In the last week, he's gone from 75% rolling and 25% army crawling to 40% rolling and 60% army crawling. Because of that, I think, his arms and trunk are getting stronger and allowing him to do other things. This weekend, he pulled himself up to his knees at his jungle. He was also pulling his torso up on Grandmommy yesterday afternoon. He's also started dancing to music, although he still doesn't dance as much as Karyssa does.

Today was the biggest surprise of all, though. I walked in their room to get them up from their afternoon nap, he looked up and saw me, and then sat himself up!!! I was so excited I forgot to get the camera to take a picture. I just picked him up and gave him a huge hug. I really wasn't expecting that to happen for another month or so!

Karyssa thought my excitement was funny, so she started laughing, and then Kyran started laughing, and then I did, so the three of us were laughing hysterically in their room.

I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!!

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX