Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm very happy to announce that on April 24, we will be walking in the March of Dimes March for Babies!

Because the babies were so young and still on monitors last year, we chose not to walk.  This year, though, we are very excited to be taking part and are hoping and praying that Kyran and Karyssa can take a few steps in this year's walk as well!

If you want to participate, there are a few things that you can do.  First, you can walk with us!  If you want to walk, just let me know and I will add you to our list.  Alternatively, you can visit our team page and click on the Walk With Me tab.  This will allow you to sign up and set your own fundraising goal, with your own page to which you can direct friends and family.

Second, If you would like to donate money, you can click on the fundraising bar on the right side of the blog and donate to the March for Babies or you can send a check to me, made out to the March of Dimes.  We've already had one very generous donation, and are well on our way to our goal!

You can also help by praying or by helping us spread awareness of prematurity by sharing Kyran and Karyssa's story (and any other preemies you may know) with others. 

Please let me know if you have any questions, and know that we are honored to partner with you to support the March of Dimes!

We've had more excitement during the last several days.  Beginning on Wednesday, Karyssa began crawling on all fours more than she army-crawls.  I'm not sure the reason for the change, but we are so happy to see it!  Kyran has also now pulled himself to standing four times.  Once on the stander, twice on the laundry basket and once on the coffee table!


They are also showing more cognitive development, as Karyssa placed a square block in the square hole for our EI and Kyran is now consistently placing balls in the mouth of one of their fun toys. 



(I promise we don't have a favorite.  The reason the videos are almost all of Kyran recently is that Karyssa just stares at the camera or tries to grab it whenever it's pointed at her!)

Unfortunately, another virus has made its way into our home, as Jason, Kyran and Karyssa all started exhibiting cold symptoms this afternoon.  We're praying that it doesn't last long. 

I mentioned in the last post that I was attending a baby shower for my friend who is 31 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins.  I drove through ice and snow to get there, but I had a great time, and they were very appreciative of the hand-me-down items I brought.

Because Kyran and Karyssa both started leaking through their size two diapers, we upgraded to size 3, and, of course, had about 150 size two diapers left.  So, my mom and I decided to make a diaper cake for Sara and Chris.  My mom made one for my shower, but I had never made one before.  I had so much fun picking out the decorations and it turned out much better than I thought it would!

1 comment:

Allison A said...

So glad you are walking in the March for Babies. My niece was a 27-weeker! She's 4 now and enjoys walking with us each year here in Charlotte.

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX