Friday, January 29, 2010

Kyran and Karyssa are 1 year, 1 month, 1 week, 1 day and 1 hour old!

Because so much paperwork goes along with having twins, Erin, our EI, did not have time to finish her evaluation of the babies last week, and did the second half yesterday.  She was very impressed and said she thinks they only have about a 10% delay! 

They love to show off for her, and did a couple of things on a 12-month-level!!  Kyran even pulled up onto his feet on an inanimate object for the first time ever! 

Yesterday morning, Karyssa pulled up on me while I was sitting, rested her forehead against my forehead and let go with her hands.  I decided to see if she could stand on her own, and she did, twice, for about three seconds.  I told Jason when he got home last night, and of course, he had to see for himself.  He stood her up, let go, and she stood on her own for seven seconds!!  I'm not sure what it is, but the sight of her standing unassisted scares me a little!

This week we also had a speech evaluation and saw a genetic counselor and doctor.  The speech evaluation seemed to go well, and we are waiting to hear whether they will qualify for therapy.  The genetic appointment went extremely well!  The doctor said that we will never have to see him again (unless something else comes up) and that any delays they are having are strictly from prematurity and not from any underlying genetic issues.  He was very impressed with their history and progress. 

Tomorrow, I am attending a baby shower for my friend Sara, who is on bed rest trying to keep her own little boy and girl in.  We're lending her a lot of things that our babies don't use anymore, and it has been a sad process packing things up.  Yesterday, while I was packing up their bottles, I actually hugged one of them, a bottle, not a baby.  Yes, I'm a sentimental fool! 

No comments:

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX