Since we started letting the babies sleep all the way through the night, we can count on our fingers and toes how many times they've woken us up during the night. Last week, Karyssa started waking up once or twice during the night.
I think she's about to cut another tooth, and that may be part of it, but she woke up three times last night, and was immediately quieted by us giving her a paci (which tend to fall out of the crib during the night).
So, that means that it's time to break her of her paci habit. We knew we were going to do it by 14 months, but are afraid at the rate she's going, it will be much harder next month than it will be now. We put her down for her nap this morning and she cried for about 10 minutes, and then fell fast asleep. We are heading to the zoo today, so we'll see how she does in the car and in public without it.
When Kyran lost interest in his paci, he started sucking his fingers to go to sleep. I wasn't too worried about it at the time, because it was only in the crib or his car seat. Recently, he has started doing it more often, and we are working hard to avoid a bad habit. If I look at him and say "fingers", he smiles a mischevious smile, and then takes his fingers out, as if to say "oh man, she caught me." Jason is ready to break out the hot sauce, but I'm hoping we don't have to do that!
Since the babies have been riding in the stroller without their carriers, I've put Karyssa in the front. I think this had something to do with her being "shorter", but more because I feel that Kyran is my more medically-fragile child. Of the two colds that they have each had, his have lasted twice as long, and he's had more health issues from the very beginning.
One day, Jason switched them up on me, and Kyran loved being in the front! He likes to lean forward and hold on to the lap bar. Here are a couple pictures I caught of him this weekend.
And one of Sweet Karyssa...

Here are a couple of videos from yesterday. The first one started out as a video of Kyran, but Karyssa stole the spotlight. The only reason she stops cruising is because she is stepping on her pants! The second one is our son, the genius!
2 comments:
I still remember when we had to wake MK up twice a night. It was always so difficult to wake her up and most of the time she slept straight through the feed. It seemed like we did it forever and then we were finally given the okay to let her sleep. Once we no longer had to wake her up, she began waking us up. Go figure! Eventually she learned to sleep through the night, but there are still times when she gets up at least once.
Good luck with the paci!
The pictures are too cute! My favorite is the one of Karyssa with her head down. So, so sweet!
I miss them so much...wish we lived closer....
Post a Comment