For the first few days of the new year, I've thought a lot about how much I have changed in the last year. It's amazing what becoming a parent will do to you. It changes the way you act, the way you think, what you think about, etc.
A big thing that stands out in my mind is listening to music now. One change is that I now really notice bad words and inappropriate lyrics. The other change is that many songs have new meaning to me now. Love songs that used to make me think about Jason now also make me think about my children. I am constantly singing to Karyssa and Kyran. Sometimes I make up words, and other times, the words just seem to fit perfectly.
Since 13 is our lucky number, here are the top 13 songs that should be romantic love songs, but now have new meaning to me:
1. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
"I could stay awake, just to hear you breathing. Watch you smile while you are sleeping, while you're far away and dreaming."
2. No Place That Far - Sara Evans
"Always know that I will find a way, to get to where you are."
3. When I See You Smile - Bad English
"'Cause sometimes it feels like this world's closing in on me, and there's no way of breaking free, and then I see you reach for me."
4. Baby, Baby - Amy Grant
"Baby, baby, in any kind of weather, I'm here for you always and forever."
5. Close To You - The Carpenters
"On the day that you were born, the angels got together, and decided to create a dream come true."
6. I Could Not Ask For More - Edwin McCain
"I could not ask for more than this time together, could not ask for more than this time with you. Every prayer has been answered, every dream I have's come true."
7. Miracle of Miracles - from Fiddler on the Roof
"But of all God's miracles large and small, the most miraculous one of all, is the one I thought could never be, God has given you to me."
8. Everything I Do (I Do It For You) - Bryan Adams
"Look into my eyes, you will see, what you mean to me."
9. I Cross My Heart - George Strait
"You will always be the miracle, that makes my life complete, and as long as there's still breath in me, I'll make yours just as sweet."
10. When You Say Nothing At All - Alison Krauss
"It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart. Without saying a word, you can light up the dark."
11. A Whole New World - from Aladdin
"A whole new world, every turn a surprise."
12. Can't Take My Eyes Off of You - Frankie Valli
"You're just too good to be true, can't take my eyes off of you. You'd be like heaven to touch, I want to hold you so much."
13. Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart
"You fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness, ease my troubles, that's what you do."
1 comment:
I could've written this one! :)
Post a Comment