I spend the majority of my day making some kind of noise.
When the babies are awake, I am constantly narrating what I'm doing (Mommy's making your dinner.), asking them questions about what they're doing (Are you coming to see Mommy?), making random baby noises in response to theirs (raspberries, tongue clucking), or, what they love the most, singing.
I make up random songs throughout the day, but will usually sing the same songs during mealtime, depending on what they're eating. Here's a sampling. Please don't laugh, if you have ever spent the day with two people (or even one person) who can't talk back to you, and whose smiles could light up the world when you sing to them, you will understand.
Peaches - "Peaches" - Presidents of the USA - "Millions of peaches, peaches for me, millions of peaches, peaches for free."
Spaghetti - "On Top of Spaghetti" - no clue who wrote this one - "On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese, I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed."
Sweet Potatoes - "Song of the South" - Alabama - "Sweet potato pie and I shut my mouth." or, sadly enough, the Wiggles' Hot Potato song - "Sweet potato, sweet potato"
Bananas - "Ain't No Hollaback Girl" - Gwen Stefani - "This *stuff* is Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S." When they're eating bananas and oranges, I add O-R-A-N-G-E-S in there too.
Banana, Apple, Pear - to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell" - "Banana, apple pear, Banana, apple pear, Now I'm going to eat it up, Banana, apple, pear."
Peas - to the tune of "We Like to Party" - Vengaboys - "We like to eat peas, we like, we like to eat peas. We like to eat peas, 'cause we, we are the sweet peas."
Apple Blueberry - to the tune of the Happy Anniversary song from So I Married an Axe Murderer (AKA - the William Tell Overture) - "I like apple blueberry, he likes apple blueberry, she likes apple blueberry, we like apple blueberry. Apple, apple, apple, apple, apple, apple blueberry..."
Garden Vegetables (also works for rice and turkey, rice and chicken, pear/pineapple and a few others) - to the tune of "Oh My Darling Clementine" - "Garden veggies, garden veggies, garden veggies in my bowl, in my bowl are garden veggies, garden veggies in my bowl." Other verses are in my mouth, in my tummy, you get the idea...
I may just be the silliest mommy ever, but it keeps them happy!
And here's a video of my silly son (he's in the stander that our PT lent us to help him with weight-bearing and cognitive development). When he hears music, he just can't make his hands behave!
No comments:
Post a Comment