Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Over the last 13 months, we've had a few nicknames for Kyran and Karyssa.  We've had the usual names, like buddy, princess and angel, but each baby has one main nickname.  Kyran started out as our "Little Man", then when he started getting bigger, Jason started calling him "Little Big Man" and that has pretty much stuck.  Jason used to playfully call me his "Sweet Pea", because of a perfume I used to wear, so when Karyssa was born, she was immediately his "Sweet Pea", and he eventually won me over on that one. 

I know that Sweet Pea is a fairly common nickname for baby girls, but I thought Little Big Man was pretty original.  So, imagine our surprise when we were shopping last week and came across this photo album!



I immediately showed it to Jason, and we were both stunned.  The first one I found had a scratch on it, so we looked at other photo albums and found a good one for him.  But while we were looking, we were also shocked to find the matching album.



So, apparently, we're not all that creative after all.  Jason's theory is that someone heard us use those names; I think maybe God designed them especially for our babies!  Either way, we had to get them and now I just have to get some of the million photographs off of my computer and into the albums!

3 comments:

Stephany said...

OK, that is like SO TOTALLY COOL! Haha, what are the odds? I'm thinking you're right and God did give you those nicknames for this purpose. ;)

Anonymous said...

i think it was their grandma darlene.....

Anonymous said...

You are very origiginal.The names are wonderful. I LOVE all of you very much.Grandma Davidson

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX