Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Aside from the wedding, this past week has held a lot of other excitement for Kyran and Karyssa. Here are a few things they've done in the past week:

Kyran:
  • is now sitting up pretty often in his crib, but it is harder for him to get all the way up on the floor.
  • has gone from 60% crawling and 40% rolling to 95% crawling and 5% rolling.
  • loves to pull up to his knees, but only on Grandmommy for some reason.
  • repeated the word "up" yesterday, although I'm not sure he knew what it meant.
Karyssa:
  • pulled up on my legs last Friday. She had pulled up on everything else, and that was the one thing we were waiting for.
  • repeated the word "red" yesterday, although I really don't think she knew what she was saying.
  • has said "I luh you" three times in the last three days, once to daddy on the phone, once to Mercy (our neighbor) and this morning said it to either me or Bella. She hears me say it about 100 times a day, so I'm sure she's just repeating the sounds, but it is so sweet anyway!
  • whispered "Da" with a huge grin on her face this morning when I asked her who Jason was in a picture.
  • has started waving excitedly with one arm. She lifts her hand like she's going to wave, smiles and then just moves her whole arm up and down several times.

I'm sure I'm missing some things, but those are the big ones. They also both had their first whole milk on Monday, and didn't even raise an eyebrow at the difference.

I'm creating books out of my blog posts, and reading back through them, yesterday was a year from the day that Kyran broke the four-pound mark. It's just amazing how every milestone from the very beginning has brought us such excitement and joy!

Here are some cousin pictures from our trip.

First thing in the morning! From left to right: Lincoln (17 months), Karyssa, Kahlan (2 1/2), Kyran, Ayla (3), Marley (4 1/2)


My flash didn't go off, but this is my parents with all six of their grandkids

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing the things they do and how they change just from day to day. Way to go, Kyran and Karyssa!

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX