Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I had a blog worked up in my mind today. It was going to be about how frustrated I have been feeling recently. How Kyran, although he is progressing, is progressing at a slower rate than he should be and falling more and more behind. How I hate to see him struggle to make it across the floor army crawling at almost 13 months. How I feel like all of my time spent with the babies is spent doing physical therapy and making them cry, instead of playing and cuddling, like I want to be. How the babies' physical therapist, although helpful, has become one of my least favorite people...not because I don't like her, but because she is always the bearer of bad news.

Poor, poor pitiful me.

Then I checked my e-mail and read a message from the Mother of Twins club that I belong to. One of our pregnant mommies lost both of her girls last week, one week before she had a scheduled induction at 37-weeks gestation.

I can't imagine the devastation, the heartbreak, the frustration and anger. I also can't help feeling so blessed to have both of my children to do PT with. To have a physical therapist who cares for my children and looks out for them. To have babies who will walk, run, write, sing, go to school and, maybe one day, have babies of their own.

It won't stop me from feeling frustrated, because I want the easiest life possible for Kyran and Karyssa, but it does put things in great perspective.

Lucky, lucky, lucky me.

A few from yesterday's zoo trip...

3 comments:

Stephany said...

It's funny how perspective works, isn't it? I was feeling down about not getting the position I wanted at my school's newspaper when I saw a tweet (on Twitter) from a relief worker in Haiti, talking about seeing a street littered with bodies. Yes, perspective. It's a funny thing.

Your babies are SCRUMPTIOUS! Oh, my goodness. I can't wait to read more, Talyse!!

Grandmommy said...

I love you sweetheart! You are a wonderful daughter and mommy!

God Bless You!

Mom/Grandmommy : )

Anonymous said...

Your post gave me chills! I often times take for granted the miracle I have right before me. Just today I was watching the documentary, Little Man, about a premature baby. The entire time I was watching I cried and held MK even tighter as she lay sleeping in my arms.

I pray that that mother will find some comfort and courage and peace during this extremely difficult time.

The Burkett Bundle on WLTX